If I Have Concerns, Where Should I Start?

Your child’s teacher(s) is always the first point of contact. Other staff such as the school counselor, special education case manager, and/or the principal can also assist. If these individuals are not able to help, contact your school district special education administrator.
Special Education Administrators by District
  • Alameda Unified School District: 510-337-7075
  • Albany Unified School District: 510-559-6536
  • Berkeley Unified School District: 510-644-8913
  • Emery Unified School District: 510-601-4907
  • Piedmont Unified School District: 510-594-2893
North Region Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA)
The North Region SELPA provides support for the five school districts’ families and staff.
Additional Resources
Regional Center East Bay
Family Resource Navigators of Alameda County (FRN):
Parent Training and Information Center:
IEP vs. 504 Plan: What's the Difference?