Additional Professional Development
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Obtain approval from your special education administrator prior to registering for trainings.
Register according to steps specified by the sponsoring organization.
- California Postive Behavioral Interventions and Supports Virtual Conference March 2, 2021
- SELPA System Improvement Leads
- Marin County SELPA Autism Spectrum Disorder - CAPTAIN trainings and information
- Placer County SELPA Open Access Project - Resources for Universal Design, Assistive Technology, and the AAC
- San Mateo County SELPA Trainings. Check which sessions are open to staff outside of San Mateo County, obtain approval from your District's special education administrator.
- South County SELPA San Diego Equity Disproportionality & Design - Presentations and activities, and call to action toolkit.
- Imperial County SELPA Improving Outcomes for English Learners with Disabilities - Collection of training opportunities and recorded modules
- Contra Costa County SELPA Trainings. Some sessions are open to staff outside of Contra Costa SELPA. Obtain approval from your District's special education administrator, register through the link above.
- Supporting Inclusive Practices (SIP) - link to recorded modules in the resources area of the site
- Diagnostic Center North (DCN) 2020-2021 Monthly Trainings Schedule
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA): Preschool During the Pandemic Series. This series shares nationwide experiences of practitioners and families, illustrating how the fields of early education and early childhood special education are successfully supporting preschoolers and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic. The following episodes are available:
- Episode #1: Overview: Early Childhood Education in Extraordinary Times
- Episode #2: Teaching Through the Screen, Not On It
- Episode #3: Reflections on Inclusion in Remote Preschool
- Episode #4: Equity and Family Support
- Episode #5: Alia Goes Back to Preschool
- Episode #6: Bringing a Virtual Classroom to Life
- Episode #7: My Virtual Preschool Classroom
- Episode #8: Noah and Pop-Pop Go to Preschool
- Episode #9: Back to the Classroom: Balancing Social Development and Safety
- Episode #10: Promoting Social Skills in a Virtual Classroom
- Episode #11: Rising to the Occasion
- Episode #12: Engaging Preschoolers with Green Screens
For access to this video series, visit the ECTA Preschool During the Pandemic web page at https://ectacenter.org/topics/disaster/preschoolpandemic.asp?utm_source=Email_marketing&utm_campaign=PSProvVids4Pand2.4.21&cmp=1&utm_medium=HTMLEmail.
- Early Start Webinar Series: To address the needs of Early Start during the coronavirus pandemic, this webinar series offers the following:
- Telepractice Series, which focuses on web-based strategies to support the development of infants and toddlers in Early Start.
- Wellness, Mental Health, and Resilience Series, which focuses on preventing, recognizing, and addressing stressors for children, families, and professionals.
Registration for this event can be found at https://www.cpeionline.net/. You will first need to login or create an account, enroll in a Webinar Series, and then sign up for individual webinars in these series as they become available. This webinar series will continue until 5-31-21.
- Educator Workforce Investment Grant (EWIG): Special Education
The CDE; the California Collaborative for Excellence in Education (CCEE); and the EWIG Special Education grantee, Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST), partnered to support California educators learn new techniques for addressing the unique challenges teachers and students face.These organizations created a Padlet of resources that include links to webinar series, recommendations on remote design, video assessments in the virtual class, lesson planning guides, and more. The Padlet is available at https://padlet.com/jlevine_CAST/CCIL. For more information on this resource, contact Shamryn Coyle, Director, California Coalition for Inclusive Literacy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Equity In Education Course Presented by Epoch Education: A Series of Nine Self-Paced Web Modules
Epoch Education is offering SIP grantees and California educators access to nine prerecorded web modules focused on equity in education. Registration will grant you access to the following nine prerecorded web modules until June 1, 2021:
- Module #1: Becoming Racially and Ethnically Conscious
- Module #2: Cultivating Cultural Competency
- Module #3: Culturally Relevant Pedagogy as A Lens for Equity
- Module #4: The Impact of Microaggressions
- Module #5: Supporting Student Empowerment
- Module #6: Our Role in Confronting and Overcoming Systemic Oppression
- Module #7: What is Implicit Bias?
- Module #8: Debiasing Our Thoughts and Actions
- Module #9: Exploring Issues of Privilege and Entitlement
Registration for this series can be found on the Supporting Inclusive Practices’ Equity In Education Course Presented by Epoch Education: A Series of Nine Self-Paced Web Modules web page at https://www.sipinclusion.org/events/webinar-1-of-3-culturally-relevant-special-education-process-3/.